FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta SkyClub Access Changes starting Jan 1, 2019
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:41 pm
RumPatrol

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by TTT
The Amex Plat will be a good option. In addition to the Centurion lounges, you also get Priority Pass Select which grants access to the AS lounges (capacity controlled, sometimes).

Additionally, quite a few international lounge options with PPS. They are of varying quality, but many are reasonably decent.
Originally Posted by BenA
👍. Will also help at the international outstations with contract lounges where Delta is now too cheap to pay for lounge access for SkyTeam Elite Plus in coach...
Even prior to this I think Amex Platinum was the way to go just in terms of overall value for dollar spent, after this I think it is a no-brainer. I fly DL almost exclusively domestically outside of a few AA/UA flights to wild west outposts DL doesn't fly to and make a lot of use out of the PP membership internationally when not on a SkyTeam airline.

I can see some situations where this would be a huge issue for SC Members, but on the whole I think it is a positive. Will it actually reduce crowding at the more populated SCs? Who knows.