FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FLUB class (travel in F but with J service on 4 class 777)
Old Nov 17, 17, 2:11 pm
T8191
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Points taken, c-w-s, but I would note [on our last airframe shuffle to ANU) ...

... On arriving at the Gate, I asked the Ground Agent if the First cabin was actually being used today … he replied “No”. OK, good job we didn’t try to use it, then.

Eventually the ‘priority boarders’ were called, and we established Base Camp in 11J/K. Looking around, the CW cabin seemed rather empty, and a quick look down the aisle proved that the Ground Agent had lied … there were pax in the F cabin. Now I fully accept that seating is a complex and often emotive topic here, but what really gets me going is being lied to. Unless the Gate Agent was ignorant about what was happening with the aircraft he was boarding, which is equally unforgivable. [/rant]
I fully understand, from bitter experience, the lottery of the LGW 777 fleet. But it's still difficult to know how to play the cards. Not printing BPs until the last minute makes sense - perhaps that's where I go wrong, wanting everything tied up neatly before travelling? But then ... Select J seats and wait to see what happens? Grab F seats if they show on MMB, and risk being dumped back into random seats in J if BA changes its mind?

We're on a 3-class 777 ex-LGW next month. You will appreciate my personal interest, having dipped out on both ANU and CPT in the last 12 months thanks to late substitutions!