FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1st time to Rome with 2 Teens! Need recommendations.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 7:48 pm
Michael El

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Originally Posted by jemgazo
Amazing pictures Michael El. Looks like they were taken out of a travel magazine! Did read this right when you stated you visited, Pisa, Florence and Venice in ONE day???? What train do you recommend? Any public transportation we should stay away from? We plan to take the train into Florence for a day but will try to squeeze in Pisa if its doable. Sounds ambitious but both my kids are athletes so I'm sure we can handle it for a day. Still haven't booked the hotel/apartment yet....so thats still on my to do list as well as book a few tours.

Any recommendations for accommodations (Hotels or apartments) and day tours are still welcomed. Would appreciate any favorite places to stay and why.

Thank you!!!!
We wrapped up our visit to Rome and took Trenitalia up the coast to Pisa and climbed the tower. We then took the train to Florence and spent the night. After visiting the Galleria dell'Accademia in Florence the next morning, we took Trenitalia over to Venice and flew out after a couple of days. My recommendation would be to leave Rome early one morning and you'd be in Florence in 90 minutes. While it would be a quick trip, everything awesome is in walking distance of the train station. The train ride to Pisa is approx. 45 minutes. Climb the tower and catch a late train back to Rome. It's a lot to do in a day, but worth it. As an alternative, you may wish to start or end your trip in the Florence or Pisa area. Always check to ensure the attractions you want to see are open while you're there. You can also check the train schedule at http://www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en.