FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2017, 2:52 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by laf747
No, I wasn't complaining about a text notification, I was just noting the difference between Boston Coach and Flyte Tyme. The bad reviews on-line are somewhat disconcerting. Concerning a Chrysler 300 that's a car that, at least in NYC, which is mainly used by what we call a black car company as opposed to a limousine company. When I was picked up by Boston Coach for Emirates it was always in a Cadillac.
At the end of the day it doesn't matter but it does seem that this switch in companies is somewhat of a reduction in the chauffer service offered by Emirates in NYC. That combined with the temporary closure of the JFK lounge makes the FC flight experience a little less special than what is usually the case in flying Emirates FC.
Its interesting they've switched to flyte time (What a weird name for a car service company). EK actually started using them back when they started service to EWR earlier this year. I thought it was weird they didn't go with boston coach then but it seems they were just waiting for the contract to expire to make a full switch in the NY area. The phone call from boston coach was always reassuring as they confirmed the address, you could alter pick up time, etc. The drop in car quality is also disappointing. With boston coach flying EK, my family has received anything from a cadillac to an S class, a 7 series, a lexus LS, cadillac SUV (escalade), limousine, charter bus type thing, and a few more I can't remember. It was a mix whether in F or J.
I also read the bad reviews about flyte time. It seems they offered a much better deal then for EK then boston coach did. Very curious as to who EK is using for BOS CD though, as I'm 99% sure they used Bostoncoach at BOS as well. It seems EK has ditched bostoncoach completely because when I called them I was told they no longer have an Emirates desk.