FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lloyds Avios credit cards: many cards blocked for fraud
Old Nov 16, 2017, 7:58 am
ahmetdouas

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Yes me too. Funnily enough Lloyds blocked everything of me (internet banking, current account, etc.) saying there was fraud on my Amex card a few weeks ago! (nothing suspicious on the statement) It took about 30 minutes over the phone to clear this up and all cards and banking were back to normal. Then last weekend I tried to use the Avios Mastercard and it didn't work, but the Amex worked at another store 10 mins later so I thought maybe the merchant had a broken card machine. Then I tried to use it 2 days ago and it didn't work. I called Lloyds and they said they saw fraud and wanted to cancel the Amex but not the Mastercard! They said it was 'some paypal partner' that put a charge on the card and it got rejected. ( again nothing suspicious on my statement). When I said that I heard other card members were also affected, they said 'we do not know about that.' By this time I had had enough and told them to cancel and reissue both Avios cards, they are on the way to the address, so should get them soon (can already see them on internet banking).