FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Severe data protection issue - I can see and modify a stranger's flight on my A3 app
Old Nov 15, 2017, 9:49 am
:D!

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by KLouis
The way I interpret OP's correspondence with A3's CS is that they claim his email address was indicated as where the BP should be sent to. OP says that his and "her" (the "mystery friend") address were very different, thus no typo was possible (first and last -?- initials different). Some questions that are still open are:

- How different were the two email addresses.
- Does the "mystery friend" know OP?
- How did OP find out the "mystery friend"'s enmail address? The BP does NOT contain any email addresses!

...and possibly a few more. With the last name and the Booking reference there is no problem accessing the reservation, both at the CI time and (even worse) changing it completely!
I don't think ObserverA3 knows the mystery person's actual email address, because for this particular flight mystery person's email address is ObserverA3's email address. So there is no way to contact the mystery person.

Regarding your other point, I'm sure the OP just means the intials of first and last names are different, i.e. the first letter of the mystery person's given name and the first letter of their surname.

And since the other person has a completely different name, the OP was wondering how they managed to input the wrong email. The OP also says that the M&B numbers are completely different so it probably isn't that either.