FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:17 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Majo79
I applied and was approved for two credit cards with Chase. 1. A Chase Sapphire Reserve 2. Chase Ritz Carlton. The first was applied for and approved on 10/26/2017 and the second was applied for and approved on 11/06/2017. I informed Chase that I would be traveling in Canada from 11/07/2017 to 11/13/2017. I was offered rush delivery on the Sapphire Reserve and was delivered to me before my departure date. On 11/12/2013 I received a message that my chase card had been removed from Apple Pay. I then logged in and found that both accounts had been closed despite me being on travel. I called Chase and was told that the risk analysis department had closed my accounts without any warning. I had not used more than 15% of my total available credit and was mostly on food and travel. I was also charged the $450 annual fee and had the card less than 10 days.
if you have not been shut down by Chase, then most likely the closure is caused by the rapid succession of applying Chase cards. The risk analysis dept may have done a soft pull to see your overall available credits from all other banks, your debt level, your usage history of available credits, etc etc and then determined you are a high risk customer and decided to fire you. Such closures have been reported happened a lot a few months ago. A good portion of such closures were subsequently reversed after customers and the risk analysis dept have had good talks.