FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] DL: AKL-OAK / USD902 (Business Class)
Old Nov 14, 2017, 5:08 pm
kade Reid

Programs: AC, VA, EY
I just got a message from VA saying they won’t honour the fares.

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to hear of your ongoing disappointment.

Your concerns have been escalated to myself in the Guest Relations team.

As mentioned to you previously by our team, due to incorrect fare filing and human error, your flight from New Zealand to Oakland was incorrect. As a result, we are unable to honour this ticket within the Business Class ticket.

This decision is in line with the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Enforcement Policy and The Fair Trading Act 2017 (NZ) which extends to overseas businesses that supply services within NZ.

I have reviewed your booking and can see that your ticket has been downgraded to Economy. If you were wishing to cancel your booking, Virgin Australia is able to provide you a full refund of your airfare.

In addition to this, we will reimburse you for any reasonable, verifiable, non-refundable out of pocket expenses you have incurred in reliance on your Booking. To request reimbursement, please respond to this email with a copy of your receipt and proof of cancellation along with the following bank account details: