FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 'Is there anything I can get you?'
View Single Post
Old Nov 14, 2017, 2:45 pm
NickB
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orbitmic
It has happened to me a couple of times and I must admit that I have really no idea how to answer those questions. I have the exact same doubts as you, and I wouldn't want the CSM/CSD to get into trouble when it happens nor to create an embarrassing situation, nor for that matter to be misunderstood and be brought a BoB thing to pay for which I have no intention of purchasing.

If the CSD/CSM is feeling generous, and of course why not, I wish they would just be proactive and bring a glass of Champagne or ask explicitly 'could I get you some tea or coffee from the CE trolley' and then I'd say yes. As it stands, I am just worried that asking for even a glass of sparkling water (which genuinely is my inclination) will be considered going beyond what I was genuinely being proposed.
Indeed and it is probably why the CSM/CSD welcome to Gold members sitting in the ET cabin that was fairly common prior to the introduction of BoB when time/numbers of Gold pax allowed seems to have almost completely disappeared, as crew sense that it could be awkward for either the passenger or the crew member or both.