FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SFO/LAX to SIN with connection
View Single Post
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:14 am
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by invisible
So do I understand correctly that the only option to get from SFO or LAX to SIN with connection and reasonable price is to fly to NRT/HND on UA and from there to SIN via NH? Seems HKG as a stop is not an option any more due to >$700 price difference. Going via TPE gives similar price range too.

P.S. No I won't sit in Y for 18h non-stop. Did it once, never again.
TL/DR: Yes.

The routing rules for the discount UA fares to SIN theoretically allow transit in Tokyo or Seoul. They have not (yet?) updated their rules to allow transit through HKG on anything except the now-cancelled UA flight.

Osaka is also an option in the routing rules, but I don't believe there are any NH or UA flights from Osaka to SIN, so it's not particularly meaningful unless you were attempting to add several connections.

The fare rule text itself -- at least, for the S fare I pulled up as an example -- does not permit travel from South Korea to Singapore on any OZ flight, even though that's a specific option in the routing rules. So, that eliminates that option as well.

So, basically, Tokyo it is. Anything else is going to require either a more expensive UA fare or end-on-end fare construction within Asia.

Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
CA will get you there via PEK for 470.00 for dates in January
Friends don't let friends connect in PEK. Obviously there are any number of non-UA options that would allow different connection points in Asia.