FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt House Washington DC The Wharf - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:52 pm
platbrownguy

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Came back again this weekend, stayed Saturday & Sunday nights, checked out this morning. Again a perfectly pleasant stay at a phenomenal rate of $55 + 4000 points per night.

I was less delinquent and took a few pictures this time.

First, here's the outside of the development from the east. The Hyatt House is behind the Hilton Canopy. You can see the Hyatt House ("H") logo in the bottom-right corner; at least for now, though, the entrance is not where that H is. Rather, if you look at the Parking ("P") sign in the bottom-left corner, there's a sort of alley there, and the Hyatt entrance is maybe 20 yards down that alley on the left.

Here's the entrance from the alley:

The ground-floor entrance just has elevators: down to parking garage, up to the second-floor lobby.

I didn't take pictures of the common area because there were people milling about.

The elevator is one of these efficient things where you press your floor and it tells you which of the three elevators to use. Fun to watch people use it.

Same as last time, I was in a one-bedroom suite. This was 714, last time was 514. These are I think technically "non-view" rooms but you can still see the boats from the window, just not as well as when I was in 506 (see previous post). Anyhow, here are a bunch of pictures of the room:

Breakfast is fine, nothing special. I went down on Sunday morning, there were a bunch of people there and I didn't have time to wait on a made-to-order omelet, but I had some of the potatoes & bacon off the buffet, both of which were very good for buffet items (i.e. the bacon was crispy to the point of crumbling, which was good & uncommon). The scrambled eggs on the buffet looked unappealing though, probably an industrial sort of egg mix. And other than eggs, potatoes, bacon, and the made-to-order omelets, there wasn't really much going on, maybe pancakes, cereal, fruit, juice, and coffee.

I was able to park on the street all weekend no problem -- first on the street in front of the Canopy, and then a block east of there, still along Maine Ave SW.

Planning to return again soon.