FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Countries where you've driven a rental car
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:10 pm
EqualOpp

Programs: whatever it takes
Originally Posted by sethweinstein
Apart from my home in the USA, just Canada, Mexico, Ireland, Iceland, and South Africa for me.

When I entered Iceland, I hadn't driven a manual in a few years, and I wanted to spend some time in the parking lot getting used to it again. But the company brought me the car along with an exit ticket and said I had to leave within ten minutes. Oh, well!

Seth
yup....

My first 5-speed in awhile (10 years I think) was out of Porto airport. For a minute or two it was a little embarassing as I was trying to get the car properly in gear without running over one of the many people around who were waiting for their cars or hitting another car.

The roads in Northern Portugal are lightly traveled (I checked the terrain on Streetview before deciding to go with a 5-speed) ...so I got comfy with the 5-speed again (A cheap SEAT car). By the time I rented a 5-speed in Faro, I was alot better. Though I did stall for a minute at a traffic light after I left the airport. The Renault Megane had a very complicated all electronic dashboard and misinterpreted one of the messages.