FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Partner Mileage Accrual Changes Effective Jan 2018
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:24 am
bgriff

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by C W
grr I got excited thinking that my VS-marketed (VS8) Delta-ticketed (006) segment would earn based on distance then noticed the blanket disclaimer
Originally Posted by Jay00848
So if I purchase KLM flights ORD to AMS on 006 ticket stock next year and then use a global upgrade to confirm in to Z class will I earn MQD’s based on the cost of the ticket or the percentage of miles flown? The flight numbers are KLM now because they were reissued in to a Z fare because of the upgrade.
I'm confused about this because it says different things in different places on DL.com (surprise!) but I think the ticketing carrier no longer matters after Jan 1, right?

See here: https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ir-france.html
(AF is a better example than KL because the current KL table has all sorts of weird footnotes.)

Footnote 1 in the up to Dec 31 2017 table says "Partner-marketed flights that are not ticketed by Delta", meaning 006-ticketed AF flights earn based on spend. But footnote 1 in the after Jan 1 2018 table does not say that -- it just says "Partner-marketed flights will earn miles based on a percentage of distance flown".

So I think a KL-marketed flight (such as a flight which has had GUCs applied to it), even if 006-ticketed, will earn based only on distance after Jan 1 2018?