FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:17 am
LufthansaGermanAirlines
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by tom tulpe
Dear LH lurker,

I have just come off the phone to the German call center where I tried to rebook a Business Flex flight TXL - FRA to an earlier flight today.

The agent quoted me the fare difference P to C. I asked about the new rebooking policy and was informed that the words "even if the originally selected booking category is no longer available" do in fact mean that I can only change the booking as long as there are seats in the same fare bucket available. When I asked about the new rebooking policy, she said it was Lufthansa, they wouldn't haggle (fair enough), that I was deliberately misrepresenting the fare conditions by making them up as I went along to suit my requirements (which I thought was rude and disrespectful), and that she would now end the conversation. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told there wasn't any. The agent then hung up without further ado.

So just to clarify: is free rebooking to an earlier flight on the day of travel limited to the same fare or not? From what I understand it is not. If I'm right, would it be possible to roll out the information to your call centers as well? And if I'm wrong there are some press releases on LH's website that may need a partial rewrite.
Hello tom tulpe,
The option to change to an earlier flight free of charge is offered now only during the check-in process. Even if the original booking class is no longer available, a rebooking to an earlier flight on the same day should be possible for pure European flights and routes, with Business Class (BUZ) and Economy Flex (FLX) fares, as well as Corporate Fares, as long as the flights are operated by Lufthansa and the routing and carrier remain unchanged.
Kind regards,
Heloisa