FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe catering guide
View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:02 am
florens

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Hey folks,
As promised upthread, you can see below the new long rotation A chicken tikka masala meal picture.
A couple of thoughts on the flight too, however.
Details: BA877 TLL-LHR, G-EUYI, flight time: 2h40, CE: 14/16, ET 139/144
  • 1 cabin crew working in CE
  • Odd wording during the manual safety demonstration: “there are two exits in front of each cabin”. IMO this is technically wrong, as there is no exit in front of the ET cabin, that is at row 5. Manual demo was necessary due to a short taxi out. In fact, when I asked about it, the cabin crew told me that they quite often can’t show it as it is so long and that this is, quote “sad”.
  • Coats not labelled (They have always been labelled on my flights, so not sure whether they are supposed to do it or not?)
  • A couple of wheelie bags from ET had to be put in the CE overhead lockers due to a full flight and not enough space. I’d say that most people were travelling HBO. The check in/bag drop counters were empty when we checked in 90 minutes before the flight. Interesting times ahead when they will have densified the A320s and A321s…
  • No menu cards were distributed
  • The crew didn’t know what the offering was and had to constantly go back to the galley to check what was loaded.
  • Service (starter) started about 35 minutes after departure (approx. over Visby)
  • Main course served 65 minutes after departure (approx. over Janköping, Sweden)
  • Tray cleared 80 minutes after departure
  • My OH ordered a vegan meal, but the pasta is labelled vegetarian and is in fact the same we were given in June when we ordered vegetarian. My OH was sure these were pasta with eggs. There is clearly something wrong with BA’s special meal logistics and honestly it is ridiculous and tiring, not only for cabin crew but also for customers. I mean the desert and starter was vegan, so why not the main? British Airways very clearly doesn’t care as there have now been so many issues with special meals over the last couple of months.
  • Chicken Tikka Masala was tasty, a bit spicy and quite filling.
  • The trays are really too small now for this type of catering. The plate under the chicken tikka masala plate didn’t fit on the tray with the desert plate (round) still on it. This meant that I had to remove the desert and cheese to be able to fit the whole main course plate onto the tray. Otherwise it would have overlapped the edge of the tray and be uneven. Not very premium if you ask me…

Starter, cheese and desert

Main (chicken tikka masala), on the right there is cauliflower.

Starter vegan (ah, sushi again. Haven’t seen that in a while …)

Main vegan (pasta, not vegan actually)