FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Uh-oh, is coal on the way again?
View Single Post
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:16 pm
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Not this again
Originally Posted by flytoeat
Yes, let's just copy the long, whiny thread from last year.
QFT.

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
So you are happy that you've been faithful to AS, again, and you get coal in your stocking, again, while the V's that have caused their imminent downfall get the chocolates?
Huh? There have been no new benefits announced for VX elites. Last I checked, QX pilot shortages (which are a big reason why AS is flailing the way they are right now) have nothing to do with VX (AS would be hosed just as badly if B6 had won out, because that wouldn't have magically made any QX pilots materialize). Neither is SEA being jammed up thanks to AS and DL growth out of SEA (VX is a trivial amount of capacity in SEA). Their problems right now are ones they'd have no matter what; at best handling the merger on top of all that just gives them extra chainsaws to juggle. Welcome to the big leagues, guys. You wanted to be here, now perform like it.

And all I can say about the rest of it is if one's insulted by rather innocuous marketing emails from an airline one is easily insulted. I have choices in airlines; I don't nurse grudges against a fairly impersonal corporation. I take my business elsewhere if I'm not satisfied with how my business is treated. Easy enough to do that and not look back.