FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Flying to London on DL
View Single Post
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:21 pm
pitflyer

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Originally Posted by bgriff
Seatguru is unfortunately not such a reliable source ... AFAIK both the 767 and A330 seats are 18" wide. If I had to guess it's possible the A330 seat is slightly wider than the 767 seat, but I am 100% sure neither one is 3" more or less than the other, that would be a huge difference (some first class seats on domestic flights are only 3" wider than coach seats).

But yes, if traveling in a couple both the 767 and A330 are very good aircraft to be able to choose from.

Also, have a close look at the T&Cs on your Amex offer ... I'm assuming that the individual tickets are less than $1K but you're expecting to make $1K in spend because you're buying 2 tickets? Not sure if KLM does the same, but usually if you buy a reservation for 2 people direct from Delta, you get charged two separate times on your credit card, one charge for each person. Many Amex offers are for your total spend across multiple transactions, but if the T&Cs on the KLM offer require it to be $1K in a single transaction, be aware that buying two flights that each cost between $500-$999 might not qualify you for the credit.
As another poster corrected me the difference is .3, not 3 They say give a man an inch he'll take a mile, but I'm guessing even my sensitive butt won't notice the .3 inch. Sounds like all other things being equal the A330 will have a slightly better experience than the 767. So I'll book that. Delta has the 767 leave and then the A330 leave ten minutes after it on the day I'm looking.

As per the Amex deal I'm pretty confident even if KLM charges it as two separate tickets I will get the credit:

Get 20,000 additional Membership Rewards points one-time by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $1,000+ in one or more eligible transactions directly with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines by 12/31/2017. Flight must originate in US. See terms.

(20,000 MR points is worth $200 in gift cards) The terms also say 'third party links' not allowed, which I'm not sure if it means Google Flights or TopCashBack sites would limit the extra points (the former because that is honestly where I found the fare, the latter because it would be another $20 in my pocket).

I got this offer on all my AMEX cards that earn MR, so I'd encourage anyone with a similar offer to look for it too in their Amex Offers portal.