FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2017 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:00 am
Tyzap

Originally Posted by petez
Hope this may be of use to others ...

Flew YYC - LHR -MAN in early July. Delayed at YYC for just under two hours - check in and boarding were chaotic and announcement on board saying IT problems. Missed connection to MAN. Ended up five hours late.

Early July (Week 1) - emailed Customer Services with all info and request for EU261

Week 3 - Email prompt to BA

Week 4 - BA respond saying ´weather delay´- no entitlement to EU261

Week 5 - I respond saying it was IT issues

Week 6 - Not having had any reply, I send a Letter before Action outlining my case

Week 9 - No response at all to Letter, so start MCOL

Week 10 (Day 3 after latest date of service) - BA acknowledge service

Week 11 (Day 8 after service) - BA indicate will defend in full

Week 14 (Day 27 after service) - BA file defence formally stating delay was due to IT issues but these were extraordinary, therefore not entitled to EU 261 but given the circumstances will pay full EU261 compensation without any admission of liability !!!!!!!
Well done petez,

Perseverance pays off, but why did they put you through all of that in the first place!

It is completely perverse of them following their IT outage in May, which cost a small fortune in compensation and costs. They know full well that IT issues are not an EC. Extremely disingenuous of BA.

Thanks for the update.