FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK members lounge (master thread)
Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:44 pm
AAExecPlatFlier

Programs: AA EP
Yeah. That’s how it is suppose to work! Even CKs have to play by the rules (sometimes). Contact customer relations or the CK email address and let them know that you don’t like to have to Play by the rules.

Originally Posted by beofotch
So in past years as a CK I could always same day confirmed flight change to another flight 24 hours out as long as there were seats left in the cabin.

Has AA tightened this to only allow it for same fare class?

Example 1: Booked sfo - JFK in paid J and used SWU to upgrade to First (A). Tried to confirm for flight 2 hours later which was F1 and they wouldn't let me without refare due to A not being available.

Example 2: Booked JFK - CLT in paid business D fare. Want to take one 6 hours later. Business class sold out but coach has seats. They can't same day confirm out of the cabin so it's not an option. CK phone agent said either hope D opens and confirm for free or pay a refare and $200 change fee (net incremental $130) to confirm it in coach.

I feel like in days past either one of these would be accommodated without a refare. "If you're in the cabin we'll move you same day of you need it."
Am I missing something?

Last edited by AAExecPlatFlier; Nov 9, 2017 at 9:19 pm