FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:01 pm
mhdena

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by OliverB
1. Spouse had several Chase accts shut down.

2. All cards were shut down approx. 6+ months ago due to (we believe) one-time MS involving credit union. We own it; not looking for sympathy or debate. Cause is not definite but can't think of any other good reason. We should be I

3. We strongly believe that credit union initiated shut down by contacting Chase (long story and irrelevant so not getting into it) Very relevant, the sole reason

4. Chase does not seem to have any record or details of reason behind shut down. Spouse has contacted lending dept several times to inquire (for her own peace of mind) They all claim to be unsure of reason - You're the reason

QUESTION AS FOLLOWS:

My spouse would like to RE-apply for a Chase card ASAP.
Any other thoughts or suggestions?
So you never told her it was her card you used to fund the CU? Seems she' not as indiferent as you 1st suggested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverB View Post
\. My card is linked to other open accts so I can still transfer the funds. It was actually my wife's Chase card, truth be told, I was an AU on it. The good thing is that I have the same Reserve card and we were going to cancel this one eventually to avoid the annual fees, since she's also an AU on mine. The downside is that this had a much higher credit line than my card, which helped our utilization. I would not have risked this on my own card... my wife was indifferent to her card, so she doesn't mind.

She might not be so indifferent if her cards are shut down because of you wanting to protect your own