FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Flying to London on DL
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:05 am
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Has anyone here using GUC's to LHR had to be confirmed with a Skyteam partner code share flight number instead of DL flights?

I'm flying DTW/LHR in December and after a half hour on the phone with the Diamond desk they finally found available but it involves connecting through BOS both ways which I'd rather do for confirmed space than risk the GUC's not clearing if I waitlist.

Weird thing is on the outbound even though I'm on Delta metal for both flights they are showing up as KLM flights. Has it gotten to the point that the GUC's are so hard to use that they now have availability for skyteam codeshare partners but not for Delta on their own aircraft????

I've had pretty good luck lately with the purser taking meal choices first from Diamonds when flying in D1 lately and wondering if I will show up as a Delta diamond on the manifest since it's coded as a KLM flight. I'm in seat 3A so shouldn't be an issue with meal choices running out anyway if they go from front to back of the plane but it's always a nice benefit getting to be one of the first to chose since I admit I'm a pretty picky eater.

Since it's issued as a 006 ticket number and I can access the reservation on the Delta app and online I can still check in with the Delta app for my boarding pass and get precheck and have the Skyclub check my passport (I'm planning on carrying on) and not have to deal with KLM at all and will get the same MQDs and MQM's as if it were coded as a Delta flight on the outbound correct? The diamond desk rep that made the reservation didn't seem sure and acted like I would be flying KLM instead of Delta on the outbound.