Old Nov 8, 17, 6:13 am
lost_in_translation

Programs: BAEC, EK Skywards, WY Sindbad, Marriott 'Bonvoy' :/, IHG Rewards, Hilton Honors, Golden Circle
Originally Posted by thundercat View Post
Hi All,

Not sure where to post this but here goes:

I booked a First Class Avios Redemption (Avios 30000) on Cathay Pacific via British Airways using my BAEC account, but when I arrived at the gate I was downgraded to Business Class as the plane had been changed.

I was informed by the Cathay gate agent that along with the HKD400 "Goodwill Payment" they would return the difference in miles between a Business Class and First Class redemption. However, to date I have heard nothing and have no idea where to claim as the BA site does not have an option for getting Avios back from a Partner (that I can find).

Any ideas towards the correct place to claim back the Avios would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Sounds like one for BAEC given it was booked with Avios. Did your booking change at all to reflect this? BA may ask for proof that you were downgraded if not.

On a separate note, is the amount you were given definitely HKD 400? If so, not entirely sure why CX bothered with that as that's frankly borderline insulting even as a gesture of goodwill if you've paid for a cash CX F ticket.