FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Beach Resort/hotel in March under $700/night?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:51 pm
nmuva98

Originally Posted by 0bsidian
I might be in the minority here, but I actually enjoyed Nusa a great deal.
I would check, however, whether the Shangri-la construction is at a stage at which is hinders enjoyment of the beach club.
I was just at Nusa last month, and found the beach club to be the weakest point of the property. Which is a real shame.

First, the gov't has installed a walkway that runs the length of the beach (but not sure how far). So to accommodate that, all beach clubs were moved much further away from the water. Then they built rows of palm trees on the walkway, which will be nice in a few years, but look terrible at the moment.

Second, with the beach club further away, the bales are no longer backing up into trees/foliage. Instead, they have a wooden fence that separate the beach club from the Shangri La construction. They managed to plant trees between the bales, but not behind them. And the noise from the Shangri La is noticeable, and the fact that all that separates you from a construction site is a wooden fence killed the vibe.

We stayed for about 2 hours, long enough to eat, and never went back.

Nusa has a whole is still a great property, but I can't imagine staying there anymore than a day or two. Service was perfect Aman service, the pool is fantastic, and food was very good. But the beach club was terrible and Nusa Dua offers nothing. We also visited the villas, and I can't imagine why anyone would buy them. Nice, but no views of the ocean. And there is a current spat between some of the hotel companies and the local government. So for Aman, you no longer have direct access between the villas and the resort. Instead, you need to do a 5-7 min drive out the main road to get there.

It really is a shame because the property and the staff are so amazing and everything that is great about Aman. Wish there was a way they could just airlift the entire property to another spot on the island!