FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Laylow, Autograph Collection -- Honolulu/Waikiki, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:35 am
Horace

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by erics2356
I've been sifting through this thread, and not sure if I found an answer to my question: as a platinum, I would get the $15/p food credit, but will I get access to the executive "lounge"?
I don't remember where I read it. It was probably somewhere in this giant thread. It could have been somewhere else.

I seem to recall reading that only those guests who have rooms on the "Executive level" have access to the coffee and breakfast pastries in the hallway (not an actual lounge) on that floor. The sparse breakfast offering is laughably described at the Marriott.com entry of The Laylow as "Complimentary food" and "Complimentary non-alcoholic beverages."

If that's the case, then Gold and Platinum guests would only have access if they either pay for an "Executive level" room or happen to be upgraded to it.

Yeah, it would nice to be able to use the Executive level hallway for a simple breakfast, and then still have $15 per person ($30 per couple) as a daily food & beverage credit, but it doesn't seem to work that way.

Originally, when The Laylow opened, the box of pastries and the coffee dispenser in the hallway were supposed to satisfy Marriott's Autograph Collection hotel Gold/Platinum lounge/breakfast benefit. Elite guests complained. I would not be surprised if Marriott corporate became involved. The Laylow switched to a $15 per Elite guest (plus one) credit, which is enough for actual continental breakfasts from the hotel's restaurant menu. The added bonus is the credit is good all day, not just at breakfast time.

I assume the elevators are now programmed so that only those with room key cards for rooms on the Executive level can go to that floor.

Last edited by Horace; Nov 7, 2017 at 10:06 am