FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thailand 101: What to do for a week?
View Single Post
Old Jun 9, 2004, 1:32 pm
SAT Lawyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
I would go to Bangkok and Phuket (or Ko Samui) as my wife and I did during our one week visit to Thailand last year. Why Phuket? It provides a welcome respite from the hustle and bustle of Bangkok and beautiful beaches.

Whatever you do, please consider using Priceline (and/or Priceline Hong Kong and Singapore) to secure ridiculously inexpensive hotel rooms. My wife and I absolutely loved the Bangkok Marriott Riverside, and even more so at $47 per night. Bidding For Travel and the Priceline Asia Discussion Board will give you the data you need to bid intelligently.

If you travel outside Bangkok via air (whether to Chiang Mai, Phuket, or somewhere else), it is definitely worthwhile to purchase a business class ticket on TG. The premium over coach was only about $25 roundtrip when we went. Check out the Thai forum for additional information.

And you will have no problem locating a taxi at all hours of the night. The great thing about Thailand is that everything is dirt cheap (comparatively), including taxis. Enjoy your trip.

Last edited by cAAl; Jun 9, 2004 at 5:30 pm