FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New MCI Terminal vote (7 Nov 2017)
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:29 pm
FriendlySkies
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
MCI is my home airport and if I had a vote, I would absolutely vote yes for a new terminal. This will NOT be funded with tax dollars; rather PFCs, so non users of the airport don’t pay. Simple as that.

The biggest downside to this whole deal is that only a very small amount of people get to vote. That would be the citizens of KCMO and they make up an incredibly small amount of the total users of MCI. Those of us who live in Kansas or people outside KCMO, such as Independence, Lee’s Summit, etc., have absolutely no vote and we make us the majority of users.

Originally Posted by bluedemon211
IMHO, an incredible waste of $ to fix something that is not broken. I would wager 90+% passengers are O or D vs. connecting. A joy to get through the "process" in minutes. If the KC transportation people want to fix something, use the $ for a legit rapid transit/ light rail system.
Something that is not broken. LOL. That is too funny. Have you seen our airport? It’s crumbling and not designed for the amount of pax and the security configuration of today. Imagine being in the tiny AA hold area when you’ve got two 738s and an Airbus or two trying to board at th same time. Barely enough seats for one flight, let alone four. And like I said above, it’s not really a waste of money when the money is either spent on airport or nothing at all. Tax dollars are NOT funding a new single terminal, so your suggestion of fixing transit doesn’t apply.