FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Concorde Rooms and Dining: JFK, BOS, IAD food and drink - 2017 to date thread
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:52 pm
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
November menu

Sorry I did not take notes but can summarise what we had.

Starter were (three) seared scallops with fresh grapefruit (unfortunately not well peeled), a little pineapple foam and leaves. It was ok but not great, and scallops were overcooked.

The salad is a salad of red and gold beetroot with goat cheese, which is almost more like a goat curd. Very nice and refreshing.

The two mains we tried were a grilled striped bass with tomato sauce which was very nice, and a rack of lambs (three chops) with celeriac mash, asparagus, and tomato. The rack was very good, and I love the fact that the JFK CCR ask you how you like your meat cooked and will deliver that quite exactly.

Cheese plate included three cheeses, a Danish type blue, a mild (to my taste) cheddar, and a Chaource-like cheese, all served with plain water crackers, grape (seedless but very good), blackberries, raspberries, and honeycomb honey.

Dessert was called a chocolate mousse but was really much more like a ganache. It came as a scoop and was very reach with some salted caramel and a scoop of ice cream. The ganache was a bit grainy and extremely rich but nice.