FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Experience / Seats / Interline / Baggage FAQs
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:40 pm
ernestnywang

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by Croupier
Awkward interline experience.

10 days ago at HKG on a QF award, HKG-HND in Y, as OW Sapphire (now Emerald) I used the premium check in, we were connecting, separate ticket to QR for our return Saki fare to BRU.

I asked for our bags to be checked through and was flat out denied the request in a stern tone "We do not thru check and never have, blah, blah..." Here we go I thought to myself.
I explained that I was pretty sure they do as I had seen it on their webpage, again denial from agent.
I told her that it is going to be very inconvenient even though we have 2.5hr transit time and that I will also need to leave my girlfriend in transit and collect her bags as she is Ukrainian, all the while i'm frantically googling to find the CX webpage about the interline policy.

I was about to ask for a supervisor when she said as a courtesy because my girlfriend has no visa that she will do it just this once.

On a side note the check in agent in BRU also tried to deny us interline to JL but this was quickly rectified as a QR rep was manning the premium line.
Not sure if I understand you correctly. Are you asking the HKG CX check-in agent to tag your bag beyond HND to a QR flight? If so, yes CX should have done it for you per CX's new rule. If you are coming from another flight and asked the CX transit desk at HKG to retag your bag that was originally tagged to HKG only, CX has stopped the practice as of Aug. 2017.