FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upcoming changes to Flying Blue in 2018
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2017, 6:40 am
Fabo.sk

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Matewx
2. On Skyteam partners, on website it says unchanged & refers to the partner section...
- I get the miles will be calculated on fare class & distance.
- How about XP, i didn't see any info? Today, I get qualifying segments. Will I get XP according to the length of flight & cabin again?[/URL] .
You get XP for every paid flight with Skyteam partners (so far it's not quite confirmed yet if 0-earning buckets will earn XP)

Originally Posted by hfly
They are going to a revenue based system that other than the EUR factor is a copy of Delta's, I get that - although significantly worse, as forgetting the $-EUR thing being that FB is 5,7,8,9,11 per DOLLAR while FB is 4,6,7,8 per EURO. So for every Dollar that a Diamond Earns on Delta they will get 11 miles/points while the same dollar will earn only 7 miles/points. As I am sure that they will copy Delta's crappy algorithim's this means they will probably be worth at least 30% less.
The actual earning rate has little bearing on value of earning award miles until we know, well, the value of award miles. Currently you earn much less on FB for eq. spend, but if FB awards are cheaper it can even out.

Plus well, let's see how it actually eventually turns out when ticketing on partners. I've seen posts explaining for some US programs that depending on ticketing within/without the FFP carrier can lead to advantage on either award miles or qualifying dollars equivalent. Seeing as status points in the new FB are wholly independent of carrier, it will be interesting to see how it balances out when ticketing with other airlines.

Originally Posted by hfly
What I do NOT get is this whole XP thing, it is not necessary and for their top tier fliers quite counter productive. BA's Tier Point system has been derided by the entire industry for years, and BA itself wishes that they had not done it, KL has a weird system prior to FB that was so complicated and weird that they jettisoned it at the start of FB, and that was a breath of fresh air. Yet they are complicating it, for no apparent reason.
Yeah, it rings hollow when they talk about "simplification" and then add two whole new mechanisms to the mix.
At least the elite qualification system as such is fairly simple. TP seem to be fare and distance based, but with a different base and different multipliers from award miles.