FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TAP E-Mail contact / No reply to EU261 claim via webform
Old Nov 6, 2017, 5:58 am
1flyer
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Do you have some specific examples?
Some German court rulings say article 10 of EU261 applies here.

If the FA promised a refund, I am fairly certain that is way above and beyond what they are capable of promising.
In hindsight, I do agree with you. I think they said that to calm everybody down. Particularly the other C pax which they initially moved (so I could take his functional C seat) was really upset. And, of course, I wasn't exactly thrilled that, after all, they reversed course and told me I had to go back to the broken C seat (or move down to eco).

Originally Posted by dtxdnc
Did you do such thing ?
No, I have no evidence. The FA remembered it vividly, through. I met him on my return flight. He tried to be helpful on both the outbound and inbound (as far as that was possible given the defect). The only thing I noted down is the name of the ground staff worker who (ultimately) advised me that I would have to accept the broken C seat, move to eco, or deplane. (Deplaning was not really an option -- the destination is kinda hard to get to. It would have meant a substantial delay for me.)

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The problem with a broken seat, if it is only discovered after take off and the cabin is full, there is little that the crew can do.
They discovered it before boarding. They actually started boarding eco prior to C. We sat in the bus on the tarmac for like 15 min. The plane departed slightly delayed because of it. They only informed me about the issue when I boarded. That ground staff spend quite some time on the plane talking to me and that other pax.

Sometimes they can move the seat manually, if it is recline not working.
After having served dinner, they tried. They were only able to move it partially. The resulting position was completely unergonomic so I had to ask them to move the seat back upright.