FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upcoming changes to Flying Blue in 2018
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 17, 4:31 am
irishguy28
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Silver: AZ, BA
So, my assessment is that not much changes for those who already hold status in FB; and they won't notice much change for as long as they can hold on to that status.

But for those on lower status rungs - climbing the status ladder has become far more difficult.

For me, though, looking for potential replacements for Alitalia's Millemiglia programme (it is undergoing changes too, and the airline will possibly exit Skyteam next year dependent on who buys it or if it fails), I was hoping that FB may be the "replacement". Unless they offer status matches, that won't become my Skyteam programme.

I also don't hold much prospect of the forthcoming changes to the Award scheme as being much to get excited about. Great that miles can be used as part-payment, but I doubt it's going to be much of a good deal.

The Promo Awards are being kept, though under a new name, and they still refer to the "up to 50% off". I haven't been able to spend miles on a decent Promo Award in ages - I would love to think that may change soon.