FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ticket got cancelled during travel
View Single Post
Old Nov 5, 2017, 9:29 pm
bwong99

ticket got cancelled during travel

All,

I would like to see your opinion....

After flying for years as United 1K, a very strange incident happened to me this past weekend....

I was on a confirmed business class ticket this past Saturday YVR --> SFO --> PVG. The segment from YVG to SFO was on AC metal, hence I received my boarding pass on AC stock paper for both segments. Everything went well and I stayed in the United Club in SFO until an hour before departure. Then problem started as I was ready to board my PVG flight, I was "denied". Talking to the gate agent, they claimed that my ticket was "cancelled" by Air Canada. Although I had my ticket number (016) and confirmed boarding pass on my app (and paper-based), they couldn't get me on as there were no seat. After struggling to find me options, they finally routed me to LAX later that evening, and put me on an 1:30pm flight to PVG. I eventurally arrived almost 23 hours later than the original scheduled time, and my entire weekend was gone.

Does any one know what compensation I may ask for? Any DOT rule number I can cite to strengthen my case? My complaint is not directed at the gate agent as she was quite helpful. I just couldn't understand how my ticket was "cancelled" at the last segment of a round-trip ticket.

Has anyone else experienced this? Was the reason for the cancellation due to an honest computer mistake or a single bad employee? What upset me more was that on my LAX -->PVG flight, they were asked for volunteer in exchange of $2000 travel vocher (which they didn't do on my SFO flight).

Thanks, Ben