FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Program Year 2018 Elite Status Buy back / Buyback / Renew / Boost (master thd) .
Old Nov 5, 2017, 3:20 pm
deac83

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rjw242
I can tell you're upset and confused by this offer, but people do accept them, and AA makes a lot of money this way. You've also confused "data" with "personal anecdotes," but that's a common error among people with no analytical training.
Well, reading comprehensions might be helpful as well.

I would be willing to bet that no one within 500 miles of qualifying are accepting a $1200+ offer in November and likely ever unless they have some sort of restriction on flying.

This thread provide a few data points, for your reference if you care to look, and those that have gotten a similar email to mine have expressed the same level of disdain and confusion why AA would think we would accept them. Feel free to produce one person that you know, even anecdotally that has accepted this type of offer. I doubt your can produce one data points much less more that that are here.

You also seem to be generallixing my personal situation with others, that may accept an offer, who are not nearly guaranteed of requalification. If you understood, from my initial post, I will accept the offer sent to Mrs. Deac83 where she has $3k and 30,000 and was offered Plat for $1,299. For her that's a great deal. She doesn't have to fly another 30,000 miles and will also retain her plat status by spending $1,700 less than the program requires.

If you want to continue to dispute that offering EXPs that are less than 1000 miles away from qualification (i.e. any round trip of any length causes requalification) to buy in for $1,200+ then I don't know what to tell you.

It's insulting to even think we'd accept that offer and all it does is show that Parker's team is out of sync with reality. Which makes it Stupid.