FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Summer is a state of mind; Kaanapali, Maui, via Alaska Airlines with my 13 yr old son
Old Nov 5, 2017, 2:46 pm
worldtraveller73

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Alaska Airlines
Economy Class (T)
SEA-PDX (SeaTac Airport – Portland International Airport)
AS 2077
August 18, 2017
Booked: Bombardier Q400
Flown: Bombardier Q400
Departure: 11:04 AM
Arrival: 11:50 AM

In order to get down to Maui with an afternoon arrival, we had to depart on the Portland flight. As a result, we had another short hop over to Portland. When I came time to leave the Alaska Lounge, we headed down for the Horizon Shuttle to PDX. It was my very first Horizon shuttle flight. I wasn’t really sure what to expect other than it is a shuttle flight in the usual prop plane. We ended up leaving from Gate C2, which is right across from the awesome Beechers’ Cheese vendor.

Boarding the shuttle flights today was outside via the covered walkways on to the apron. Nice clean facility and they had lots of travelers coming and going.

Double boarding doors today with rows 1-10 boarding via the front doors stairs and the balance boarding via the rear door stairs. The boarding process with both doors made things go much quicker. I left the rollie on the “A La Cart” gate check immediately outside. We settled in on board into some smallish seats.

As we got under way, we were offered a drink of juice, water or free local wine or beer. It was a strange combination as no coca cola or other soft drinks for otherwise available.

We were straight into Portland with no real waits. We disembarked off at the A gates. We waited for the cart followed by a brisk walk towards to the Gate C3 thanks to a tight connection. MrsWT73 forgot the boy’s sandals on the Horizon Air flight. Took them out of the exterior pocket in the carry on, then left them in the overhead bin in her rush to get off of the plane. Whoops!

In summary, a reasonable flight with an odd beverage combination. Juice, water or craft alcohol. LOL.