FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Passenger Rating Dinged for Not Tipping by the time Uber Drive rates you
Old Nov 5, 2017, 12:40 pm
joe_miami
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Does a lot of damage? LOL First, it indicates how infrequently you use the service. Second, what damage does having a score go down .25 do? If you are hardly using Uber please tell me what noticeable effect it will have to you as a rider?
Yes, "does a lot of damage." The 4.7 threshold seems to be something of a magic number for Uber, so having one's score tank from 4.9 to 4.7 because of a scammer is damaging.

There is also no clear pattern of sub-5 star ratings for people who don't tip.
Yes, there is. The internet is chock full of reports of people reporting their Uber ratings dropped after tipping was implemented.

So now you are including changing the score after being reported. You base this off of one anecdotal experience.
Huh? My score dropped an hour after I reported being massively overcharged on the only Uber ride I had taken in the past 5 weeks. I'm supposed to pretend this was a coincidence, and that some other driver from months ago decided to re-rate me as 1-star just for goofs? LOL.

Last edited by joe_miami; Nov 5, 2017 at 12:48 pm