FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570
View Single Post
Old Nov 5, 2017, 6:41 am
andymac66

Programs: BD AB CO
Originally Posted by mihaid
I am crediting to MH, so yes, it’s 100%.
I am switching from QR to MH; I know the current redemption rates with MH are awful but to me it is mostly about keeping some form of status with oneworld rather than having the best way to redeem oneworld miles.
I don’t fly oneworld much (I am still mainly a *A flyer and will probably remain one) and MH seemed to me like the easiest way to maintain (mid-tier) status with oneworld, while having a meaningful place to park miles from random EK or EY flights. And I was lucky enough to be able to book some EK and EY flights as MH-codeshares (meaning EQM with Enrich/MH) so here I am, currently being oneworld Sapphire with two oneworld programs LOL. My QR Gold status will lapse in August 2018 anyway (having been downgraded in August this year from Platinum), while my MH Gold status is valid until March 2019. And this very fare we are talking about here gets me almost 1/3 of the EQMs needed to requalify for MH Gold/oneworld Sapphire for 2019, for a very good price. In addition, I had Lima on my bucket list for a while. I have been to Peru once (again, thanks to the MEX-IPC fare in 2014) but I only transited Lima as I went straight to CUZ for Macchu Picchu and then from CUZ to IPC via LIM and SCL). With this itinerary I get to spend three days in Lima (I booked that stopever on purpose) so another box ticked for me by this fare.

By the way, how will you position yourself to AKL to start the trip? I booked myself an openjaw on SQ (fare booking class W): IST-SIN-AKL (for the first part of the trip) and NRT-SIN-IST (to come back from NRT on the second part of the trip, three months later).
For positioning, I've booked SQ Business class to AKL (also from IST) using Krisflyer miles. I haven't booked the return portion from Tokyo yet but it's not until September. I'm thinking of using my stash of EY miles which are going to expire soon. They would get me from ICN to PRG in Czech Airlines Business class. When are you going to be in IST? I can guest you into the TK lounge if you're heading to Singapore on 22 April and don't have * status.

Last edited by andymac66; Nov 5, 2017 at 7:04 am