FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lloyds upgrade voucher on fifth freedom routes
Old Nov 5, 2017, 2:00 am
guesswho2000

Programs: QF WP, SQ & VA Gold, IHG Spire AMB, HH Diamond + BA, AA, CX
Originally Posted by pauldb
I find the same as you, and get a similar problem whether I'm using a voucher or not. And the issue is the same on UVF-GND as another example, which is not short of availability.

I suspect it is a problem displaying fifth-freedom flights, maybe down to their pricing, rather than being related to voucher limitations, so I imagine you can get round it by calling them up.

[I didn't know this but the avios.com and BAEC call centres are one and the same, at least at times, so I doubt they'll struggle to see that the availability exists. I got through to avios.com 2 minutes before closing and felt guilty I wanted to make 3 bookings, but the agent was on a continuing BAEC shift, not an overrunning avios.com one.]
That's good to know, many thanks Pauldb. I've been away, so haven't had a chance to follow up, but I'll see how I get on. I've got no real need to go there, but it seems a shame to waste the voucher and I love Singapore, so it's more of an excuse than anything else .