FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Passenger Rating Dinged for Not Tipping by the time Uber Drive rates you
Old Nov 5, 2017, 12:49 am
Astrophsx

Originally Posted by joe_miami
They obviously know if you tipped. There's a clear pattern of sub-5 ratings for people who don't immediately tip when the ride is over.

As for the OP, feeling compelled to tip is rewarding this bad behavior. I'd rather see my rating drop into the 3s than be extorted into tipping because of nonsense like this. If riders push back, Uber will react.

Uber drivers should only be able to rate a rider within 2 minutes of the ride ending.
This is based off of what, your opinion? As far as I've read through the information put out by Uber through the media, drivers can see which routes they were tipped on... not which riders.

Just going to poke some holes in your theory, as you aren't providing any evidence to back what you are saying. I take 80+ uber rides a month and almost never get matched with the same driver.

So what are the odds that:

A) Each driver reviews all the routes that were tipped, takes the time to search through the numerous rides they got that day, find all the routes that didn't tip, then change the rating for the passenger.

B) That a majority of drivers do the above mentioned since the odds of getting the same passenger in a big city are slim.

In no way are you being extorted to tip. That is a baseless and ridiculous claim. Feeling compelled to tip may come from great service (especially compared to that of taking a taxi which is much more expensive and typically a much worse experience) or the fact that Uber does not charge enough for their rides in some markets in order to prevent other ride share services like Lyft to take over that market.. This is where the riders win and the drivers lose. If drivers start to leave in masses then the riders will eventually lose. So by tipping, perhaps you do it in order for the service to sustain itself or you don't want to be left with people who are the bottom of the barrel drivers that perhaps can't keep any other type of job.