FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570
View Single Post
Old Nov 4, 2017, 11:07 pm
mihaid

Location: KUL (MY), ICN (KR), ZRH (CH) or OTP (RO) - or somewhere in between
Programs: OZ, JL
I booked myself on the following itinerary: AKL - SCL - LIM (3 nights stopover) - GYE - MAD (3 months stopover) - NRT. All segments operated by LA except for the last one, which is operated by IB. Booked through Expedia for $685, ticketed on 045-stock (LA) within minutes, seats selected for all segments, booking visible on both latam.com and iberia.com. Booking classes: G, X, X, X, X for LA and S for IB. The IB segment will earn me only 50% of the miles flown, but I will be getting 100% for all LA segments. For this price, I can’t complain.
I could have booked a more creative routing (through PPT, IPC, SCL and EZE) for about $300 more but I have been to IPC before (in 2014, thanks to the MEX-IPC fare at the time), the AKL-PPT segment would have been on TN so no useful miles for me and the about 7h overnight layover in EZE would have been awful. Likewise, I could have booked MAD-HEL-NRT (on AY) instead of MAD-NRT nonstop on IB but I am not a huge fan of AY (I do not dislike them as badly as I dislike BA, but still...).
My only discontent is that I could not price the MAD-NRT part of the trip as MAD-FRA-NRT (on LA and JL) but I thought I spent already too much time playng with this itinerary. In the end, I am happy with what I booked.