FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Commentary on LAX SkyClubs
View Single Post
Old Nov 3, 2017, 12:57 pm
ND76

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by ithacxa
I was just in DCA earlier this week. The mess and sardine-like condition of the SC there make LA's T2 SC actually look good, although I say that in very relative terms. I agree that LA could use better facilities, and that is hopefully on the way.

Overall, the current state of both SCs makes DL's LAX-DCA offering underwhelming. One would expect that the Delta One service provided on this very competitive route would be complemented by excellent amenities on both ends, but that is not the case today.
I'm going on the DCA-LAX non-stop tomorrow night; I'm trying to upgrade with an RUC but it doesn't look good at the moment.

As far as the DCA SC is concerned (this is my "home" club), it is about 20 years old (it opened when the "new" DCA terminal opened), and it could use a facelift. Management thoughtfully opened up a corridor which was once blocked by an alarmed door along the windows that overlook the TSA security lines to Concourse B and connects with the Delta Protocol Office lounge, so the club is not as sardine like as you may think. The construction is supposed to be completed by early March, 2018.

I was in the T2 club a few days after it opened earlier this year. It didn't seem all that bad to me, and, when it is completely renovated, will be better than what Delta had in T5. I would like to check out the T3 club on this upcoming trip.