FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)
Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:29 pm
nszbalint

Programs: BAEXEC Silver
Question Emirates flight operated by Qantas

Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

The Newbie Lounge is a place where you can get answers to your questions about the oneworld Alliance. No question is too stupid, nothing is taken for granted, and anything about oneworld you were afraid to ask elsewhere, or weren't sure where to ask, you can ask here.

We realize that FlyerTalk is a huge place. Until you learn your way around, feel free to post here without fear of retribution or reprimands for not using search. Our volunteer Ambassadors will be monitoring the lounge to assist you in finding your answers.

We're all glad you are here.
Hi there,

I would prefer collecting tier points on BA Executive Club where I have Silver status so far. I need to travel from BUD to MEL again in 2 weeks and though I’d normally choose Qatar for this trip as it is OneWorld, and I can collect Tier points, it is very expensive this time. Emirates on the same route is much cheaper, but it is not Oneworld. However, I found a flight where the 2nd leg from DOH to MEL is operated by Qantas. My travel agency would book through Emirates, I guess. I would not even prefer booking separate tickets.

My question is if I am able to collect BA Tier point on the QF leg of the flight?

Thanks for your help in advance!