FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Serve master thread (2017-2023)
View Single Post
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:34 am
kciflyer

Originally Posted by perkunas
Has anyone (who avoided shutdown) successfully re-opened a Serve card in the past week? Seems like people have reported being unable to open new Serves even though they were not actually shutdown.

I'm trying to figure out if I should proactively close mine or just let 'em ride. Somehow I dodged the shutdown even though I've been loading the max on 2 cards each month and closing them down. I had 2 open/active accounts last week when the shutdowns happened yet came out alive.
I am in the same boat you are. I have an open Bluebird and an open ServeOne account that both have escaped being closed so far. But for the past 3-4 weeks I have not been able to open up any more Serve/BB accounts. Until I can open a new account, I'm going to just going to let them ride. I'm afraid that if I close down the 2 accounts I have, I won't be able to open any new ones (which would be worse than just letting them ride and using them in the meantime). I'm hoping that there won't be anymore shutdowns before AmEx transfers the cards to the new issuer and then we'll see how the new issuer handles existing accounts and applications for new ones.