FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:09 pm
gkbiiii

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
AA Five Star/AF La Premier Ground Service, perhaps?

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I'd possibly get the $450 new diamond card if I could figure out a way to make the airline benefit work. With our airline status, we don't pay for change fees, luggage, cocktails...I'm wondering if it can be used to purchase Lounge membership...but with the Priority pass benefit even that is not necessary.

I'll probably stick with the $95 Ascend product - Gold has been fine, true about the lounges but most of them you pay for drinks anyway and food is often meh (there are exceptions) so I'll be ok with going back to Gold. We were Diamond this past year and a half and honestly I think I got more upgrades back when we were Gold.

How about using it for meal purchases in AA Clubs, or VIP Five-Star Ground Service with AA? Also, on some AF flights, you can buy Le Premier Ground Service. I think that these last two, would be a great Use of the credit.