FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards
Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:27 pm
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I'd possibly get the $450 new diamond card if I could figure out a way to make the airline benefit work. With our airline status, we don't pay for change fees, luggage, cocktails...I'm wondering if it can be used to purchase Lounge membership...but with the Priority pass benefit even that is not necessary.

I'll probably stick with the $95 Ascend product - Gold has been fine, true about the lounges but most of them you pay for drinks anyway and food is often meh (there are exceptions) so I'll be ok with going back to Gold. We were Diamond this past year and a half and honestly I think I got more upgrades back when we were Gold.
Right now the only domestic airline lounge that accepts PP is Alaska. And unfortunately they are limiting PP swipes when the Boardrooms are crowded (I like using the Boardroom at Seattle and used it at LAX when Delta flew out of T5 and 6 because the offerings are better than the delta lounge).

It may be worth getting the card if I can use the credit towards lounge fees. I really have no use for the airline credit since I have things like bag fees included on Delta and always carry on anyway but would nice for times I want to guest someone into the sky club or I'm at an airport without a skyclub but that has another lounge and I could use it there.

It would be nice if they included Am Ex lounge entrances with the card seeing the high annual fee. If they did I would get the card for sure.