FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards
Old Nov 1, 2017, 12:19 pm
AUSINSIGHT

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, United Silver, Bonvoy Titanium.
Winner, winner chicken dinner. My bet is that they lower the benefits given to Gold members (no breakfast for you!), keep steady the benefits given to diamond (essentially the same as given to Gold anyways) and create a new Double Diamond level where I HOPE they do give massive new benefits (free parking on award stays, waived resort fees on all stays, guarantee suite upgrade certificates and space available suites, guarantee 4PM checkout, and most importantly A PARTNERSHIP WITH DELTA FOR FREE SILVER ELITE STATUS). If they do that, boom, they are IN the game. In terms of level... 40 stays or 80 nights? That sounds fair to me (and I'd have already qualified on it).

Originally Posted by bcosinteno
Pure speculation, but they are setting the stage for a higher tier than Diamond (Diamond Plus, etc).

I'm guessing it'll be achieved by pure nights/stays or through spend on the new Aspire Credit Card (60,000 in a year - similar to Marriott).

If this is the case, hopefully Diamond Plus or whatever the new tier is comes with guaranteed suite upgrades, guarantee late check out, waived resort fees, etc.