FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards
Old Nov 1, 2017, 11:18 am
elCheapoDeluxe

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bmrisko
Well, I guess Diamond just became even more devalued...hopefully the HH lounges don't start becoming super crowded like Centurion airport lounges.
Originally Posted by arlflyer
I'm usually not quick to get worked up about these things, but I don't see a scenario here that bodes well for Diamonds who actually earn through staying at properties.

I liked the analogy that someone else used recently - Honors has become the Southwest Rapid Rewards of hotel programs. Not going to be any real perks for loyalty, just a kickback in terms of points.

I guess they're just betting that that those few marginal points per dollar will be worth something to someone, moreso than the value of the devalued perks they'll be losing.
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer
The Aspire Card is $450 annual, BUT, you get Diamond Status and $500 in credit so essentially they are paying you to become a Diamond member

Wow - just wow. I guess if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Why bother to stretch to reach Diamond next year? I can stay where I want and still know I'll always be Diamond.