FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:08 am
rustykettel

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by naumank
My confession that I didn't go through all the posts as there are so many of them. How long should I wait before I contact the property about posting nights? I had my meeting at a Courtyard last Thursday and nothing has posted. I read the Wiki which says it may take up to 15 days. But what's in practice recently? Am I supposed to both some bonus points and the 10 nights?
No worries! You earn 3 points per dollar. Points (and with it nights) usually post within a day of the property entering your event in the Group Posting Tool. You'll get an immediate email from Marriott when it's entered and then show up in your activity basically overnight. The points posting as an event will trigger the 10 nights also posting at the same time. Properties do not control the nights posting directly. Properties post the event with your spend. Marriott adds the nights. I've had points post within a few days to nothing over a month later. Some properties have the event coordinator put the event in directly, others seem to only have a single manager approve all postings. It's completely property dependent.

My feeling is, unless you need the points to get to a higher level than you are currently, give it two weeks or so after the credit card charge hits and follow up to make sure that your MR# was on the event and didn't fall off. Marriott's website says points should post 7-10 business days.

Last edited by rustykettel; Nov 1, 2017 at 10:25 am