FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Swiss air compensation for delayed flight
Old Nov 1, 17, 10:48 am
Boddingtons

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
Thank you for your message of 19 August 2017.

Your flight LX391 on 19 August 2017 unfortunately had to be cancelled at short notice. On behalf of SWISS and our cooperation partners, I apologise for the inconvenience you had as a result.

As you may know, your flight was cancelled due to failure of the flight controls of the aircraft.

The cause of this irregularity was unexpected and it is an unavoidable fact that such shortcomings can occur at short notice and this cannot always be prevented. As such circumstances are considered extraordinary; I must inform you that you are not eligible for any financial compensation.

Regrettably, I must also advise you that SWISS is not liable for indirect costs (e.g. lost vacation days or working days, reserved services upon arrival) not under our contract of transportation. However, as a token of our appreciation and a gesture of goodwill, please find attached a SWISS travel voucher to the value of GBP 40.00. This voucher is redeemable for a future booking on SWISS.com.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you on board again soon and to count you amongst our satisfied guests.

Yours sincerely

===============

We received the above relating to a flight MAN-ZRH which was cancelled due to failure of the flight controls of the aircraft. The ZRH-MAN flight that morning did not operate.

Is this not an incident of a technical nature and one within their control?