FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Beach Resort/hotel in March under $700/night?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:07 am
chinmoylad
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by A4K
Is it actually worth more than double the nightly rate of Kila or Nusa?
Amankila is a very unique experience (and Amanusa is a very underrated resort, and a great 'starting point' (or finishing point) for Bali).

Amanpulo is not really comparable to these - I'd compare it to something like the Maldives. And it's far, far better value. Where it does fail is that the accommodation, while nice, isn't amazing by any means (think Cheval Blanc Randheli as a comparison). The casitas are good value, though - and I think the villas can be very nice too for bigger parties. The 1-bedroom villas are particularly the ones I'm not a huge fan of - and they're quite pricey (essentially an extra ~USD 900/night++ for a private pool and more space/garden etc).

But in simple terms to answer your question, yes, yes it is worth more than double the nightly rate of Kila or Nusa.

But try to go during good season as the beach on the more popular side of the island is definitely not as nice during low season (still nice, but all relative).