FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:55 am
Fraser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Well for me this is great as I wouldn't normally earn Diamond but do stay enough to justify getting a card and enjoying the benefits.

If I were Diamond I'd be pretty hacked off though. Given the annual fee and other benefits it really didn't need to include perpetual Diamond, even just the one year gratis would have been enough, or perhaps after spending a much lesser amount than on the Surpass card ($20k).

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Could someone clarify. The $250 airline incidental fee credit - can this be used to pay an airline ticket, or just a baggage fee or a snack on the plane?
Originally Posted by lmwong1977
Isn't the "incidental airline" thing not easy to use on the Amex end? I think I read on one of the blogs it runs on the same "rails" as heir other cards.
It depends on the airline.

I have no problems buying $100 AA gift cards on my Platinum Card and using those towards tickets. On the AMEX forum there is a thread for each of the participating airlines with the data points for each.